Re: pinging and arcing observations

From: andylevy@yahoo.com
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 17:41:56 EST

default <nospam@nowhere.net> wrote:
> Also the wiring TSB has you route #5 over the valve cover and #7 around
> the back. I'm routi ng #7 over the valve cover, #5 around back, and I
> get less pinging. They cross by the headers (like #6 and #8) instead of
> at the distributor. I don't have an oscilloscope but my ears tell me
> it's better.

With the MSDs, you have wires crossing? I put them on my Dak and they're so closely measured that I have straight runs from the cap all the way to the plugs. I don't think there's any wires crossed at all.

> I hear there's a ping forum? Where's that? I'm sure I need to do the
> belly pan gasket, it's too cold now though. It doesn't ping bad anymore
> anyway, I just want it perfect. :)

Bernd had (has) a ping FORM on his site, to submit your truck's data so we could find a pattern, but that's all I've heard of. If you're replacing your belly pan gasket, you may as well upgrade to the M1 2BBL intake and never have to worry about it again.

--
Please reply to andylevy@yahoo.com