Re: pinging and arcing observations

From: default (nospam@nowhere.net)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 11:14:52 EST

andylevy@yahoo.com wrote:

> With the MSDs, you have wires crossing? I put them on my Dak and they're so closely measured that I have straight runs from the cap all the way to the plugs. I don't think there's any wires crossed at all.

Well #7 is near the firewall, and #5 is closer to the front. On the distributor #7 is closer to the front, so they have to switch places somehow no matter which wires you have. I guess 5 and 7 don't cross in the tsb 'cause they route 7 between the terminals on
the distributor, kind of around the end of 5, it does cross under a different wire up there though, and is so close to 5 it seems the same as crossing to me. I've a 99 318, it may be different on different ones.

> Bernd had (has) a ping FORM on his site, to submit your truck's data so we could find a pattern, but that's all I've heard of.

That must be it, I filled that out years ago. :)

> If you're replacing your belly pan gasket, you may as well upgrade to the M1 2BBL intake and never have to worry about it again.

I've considered it, I think it's more work/money though? Or am I thinking of the single plane. You mean Jon's kit right?

mike