Re: Re: which ignition coil to use?

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 21:54:09 EST

The concensus on dyno results seem to be that the MSD ignition actually robs
a few HP. I can't say that I have experienced any problems with it and it
does look cool. But when I have a rough running engine it will be one less
thing to wonder if it is causing the problem. I have recently taken alot of
vacuum lines out because my new philosophy is to have as few items to
investigate when the truck isn't running well.
When I removed the A/C, Cruise, Evap canister, and all the related vacuum
lines, the truck ran way better. It took me about an hour to remove all that
stuff, it would have taken me alot longer to track down the vacuum leak, not
to mention the weight savings. I was planning to sell the MSD on ebay (after
taking offers on the DML first, of course).

John S

95 cc 5.2 auto, transgo shift kit, 4.10 gears, auburn LSD, superior axles, MP
PCM, DT headers, Gibson exhaust (3" from headers back, no cat) MSD digi6+
ignition, MSD HVC coil, MSD 8.5 wires, HD cap&rotor, autolite 3923's, K&N
X-stream filter (14x3.5), 180 stat, 1 quart oil filter (Trans-dapt
relocated), Hughes stage II TB and intake manifold, Hughes 1418 cam, Hughes
1.6:1 aluminum roller rockers, progear DR timing chain, MP valve covers, 24#
FMS injectors, Speedtweaks IAT adjuster