The Curse... taken to a new level....

From: Tom (Silver89) (Silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 02:23:50 EST

Well good news.. and bad news... good news is that it snowed again in
Chicago here. And I cleared more lots and more money hehehehe....

Bad news.. is the R.T curse has infected me I think..... but its been taken
to a new level. I hit light pole #3 on Sunday. I have a real problem with
street light poles. I hit one in September of 2000 with my 2wd... took out
the brake lines and the steering rack. Plus some nice front end body damage.
(that still hasn't been repaired) Then with the first snow fall this year
- about a month ago.. I slid into a light post while plowing snow in a
narrow alley. Sunday... the 4x4 again had an encounter with a green heavy
guage steel Chicago street light pole. I was plaowing a long wide sidewalk
informt of a factory warehouse.. when my concentration lapsed and I some how
didn't see the pole and slammed into it dead center at about 10-15 MPh......
the tail gate and the bumper were smashed in dead center. If it wasnt for
my trailor hitch (mountes under the truck and several inches forward of the
rear bumper... I would surly have damaged teh bed of the truck. As is it..
the buper and the tail gate were ful of holes and rust.. so I didn't cause
damage anything that waasn't slated to be replaced. Problem is now I have a
tow strap wrapped around the tail gate, and anchored to the bed tietowns,
redneck style.... keeping the gate up in place. I have pics... soon to be
developed and posted.

Wait till the guys at napa hear this... I can hear em now... "Hey Ray!
Gran'paw hit another light pole!!"

"That one has a strange blue neon thing... I'm guessing theres cocane up
there" - Eddie Vedder

Tom (Silver98)

1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2
1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow