Re: RE: UPDATE!! 6-speed/5-speed Dak Conversion

From: Sam South (sawcut64@mediaone.net)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 08:25:51 EST

Jeeze $1250 for a TKO...man I wish that bolted in. I think swapping the
trans would be more difficult then what you think, fabbing up a crossmember
wouldn't be a big deal, or having a custom driveshaft or a clutch assembly
either. But the bell housing/slave cylinder would definitely require some
custom work and also would the input shaft on the trans fit in the crank
without a problem or would it just require a custom pilot bearing? There is
probably a bunch of small things that would need to be addressed also. I
just don't think it could be done(easily anyway) unless you're a company
that specializes in this kind of thing and have all the machinery and
experience to prototype it. But if someone out there can prove me wrong and
show me how to do it......;)
Sam South
ET 13.61 MPH 105.88
'95 Dak RC, 5.9L,5-speed,390 LSD