Odd running conditions

From: Wes Weems (wweems@fix.net)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 23:05:37 EST

Ok I got a 3.9l v6 dakota (1997)

Recently I replaced my sparkplugs (3923's), with champion platinum plugs
(thats all kragen had) with the bone stock gap, whatever they were gapped
at...

Heres what I've noticed... truck appears to run 10x better between 1k-2500
rpms...
Truck runs really well when warm though pings....

truck runs HORRIBLE when cold... pinging like a mofo....

Recently I did the timing chain TSB (tensioner etc) and stuff... but I gotta
know why my truck would run way worse when its cold than when its warm...
perhaps a sensor on the outs?

ANY insight would be great/

Wes