Re: Clutch Takeup - Another Question

From: KenCo (kenco.fish@verizon.net)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 15:42:43 EST

Dakota wrote:

> I find the cluth takeup is very sensitive. It takes up normally through the
> stroke, and then when you think it's done and let the clutch out the last
> 1/4", the truck will jump. I've asked the dealer to look at this twice, and
> I have noticed that clutch operation is far smoother after they do work.
> Also, it was better after I had the shifter off when I put the Hurst on.
> Could it be someting like pressure is released when the tranny is opened,
> and then builds up again over time until the clutch is 'sensitive' again?
>
> Rob S.

pressure cant buildup since theres a "breather" on trans/rear etc..
if its plugged you will see a puddle of oil under trans. as it will
cause the seals to leak.

most likely the dealer is just "bleeding" it.

some vechs. do have a pushrod adjustment for the clutch master cyl.
but never tighten it so the pedal has no play or you will burn out
the throwout bearing.

another problem is that sometimes the firewall can be flexing.
have someone look at master while pushing/releasing clutch and
see if its flexing too much.

Ford had a major prob. w/ clutch masters flexing firewalls and a retro
bracket had to be installed to fix it.

--
http://www.kencofish.com  401-781-9642

make a no-cost donation to save the rain forrests here http://rainforest.care2.com/welcome?w=981743017

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.