Re: Re: DML : Starting problem

From: Lora J. Knepper (DakotaRebel98@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 21:46:21 EST

Jon,

First time it did it the tank was a little higher than 3/4 full... the
second time was at a gas station right after I had topped the tank off (I'm
surprised the attendant didn't think I was blowing the place off b/c with
the Flowmaster... well, giving the truck gas while turning everything over
is a rather LOUD affair....). So far she hasn't done it again, but I'm just
worried that the next time will be somewhere I don't have a cell signal to
call for help (I go into the the Smokies alot on the weekend) if I can't get
it started with holding down the gas. I'm really rather puzzled over the
whole thing myself....

~ lora

Lora J. Knepper
AIM: Rebel39SPT Email: lora@mydodgedakota.com
www.mydodgedakota.com
'Rebel' - 1998 Dakota Sport, RC, Deep Amethyst, 2WD, 3.9L V6
Flowmaster Dual Exhaust, Mopar Bed Rails and Light Bar, KC
OffRoad Lights, Drop-In Liner, Custom Decals, Tinted Rear Window
Kenwood 10-CD Changer, CB Radio

""Jon"" <jonsdak@midmaine.com> wrote in message
> That really sounds weird, you shouldn't have to pump or even touch the gas
> on your truck, since it's EFI. Sounds like you've got a carb.. but you
> don't. Yours is a '98, so you should have a engine identical to mine.
> Was your fuel tank full? If not, condensation had plenty of time to form
> since you didn't drive it over the weekend, and that'd do it... a bottle
of
> DryGas, maybe?
> HTH
> Later,
> Jon
> jonsdak@midmaine.com
> The Dodge Diesel Website
> http://www.dieseldodge.com
> 1996 Dodge Dakota Sport 4X4, 3.9L V6, 42RE, 3.92:1 8.75 axle, "BackRack"
> Headache Rack, Dodge Motorsports decals, steering wheel cover, and front
> license plate, diamond-plate bedrail covers, Lund VentVisors, Lund
BugShield

(That