Re: Re:Kammer Racing

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 21:10:12 EST

"Ray Block" <bpracing@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
: Geoff,

: I had a cam installed by Kammer & Kammer in my '92 Dak. On the drive home
: from Dayton to Columbus, one of the rockers loosened up and the pushrod fell
: out. While repairing this I found they lost half the screws to my grille
: and several original bolts were replaced with header bolts. When I
: complained, Bob Kammer said real racers wouldn't worry about stuff like
: that. Said I just had a show truck and obviously wasn't a real racer if I
: worried about a few missing screws and bolts.

: The cam has been fine and after replacing the Comp Cams rockers (that's
: another story :( ) with Crane's I've had no more problems. Kammer does the
: Mopar sponsored NHRA Stock Eliminator trucks so, technically, they should
: know what they're doing! He just doesn't relate well to dual purpose
: machines.

   ?!?! Wow! That's good to know. I haven't dealt with Kammer &
Kammer personally, but one would *think* that they know what they're
doing, based on all the trucks they've been involved with. With an
attitude like that though, you can be sure I won't be going to them
for anything anytime soon! Geoff, you might want to check with Hughes
Engines. (http://www.hughesengines.com) They seem to be the leader
in the world of Mopar camshafts.

  Heh - still getting a kick out of that "not a real racer" comment,
Ray... When I think of "real racers", your name is pretty darn close
to the top of the list!! (Anyone who wins enough to make their daily
driver pay for itself is a real racer in my book!) :-) Someone should
tell Bob that a "real wrench" DOES care about that stuff, especially
when its somebody else's vehicle they're working on!!!!

  Oh well. :-P

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -----. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | '70 Barracuda, '92 Ram 4x4, '96 Dakota, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly | `----------------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'