Re: RE: Re: Odd running conditions

From: Jon N. Benignus (blkwidow1@primary.net)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 07:40:35 EST

> Another possibility: I've run Fram, WIX, Mobil-1, Bosch, and STP oil
> filters on my truck. I had the same problem with the Fram (Regular and
> XP series)and STP oil filters. The filter didn't hold the oil
> (drainback valve related). WIX and Mobil-1 seem to do just fine without
> any lifter clak in the AM.
See the Mini-Mopar Resource site (I don't remember the URL) for a study on
oil filter construction, and which ones are good, and which are not. You
will be surprised to see which ones don't drain while idle. Shows
construction materials, bypass valve type, all sorts of great info.
And, Fram should be avoided.
Lots of good MoPar info there.

Jon
STL MO