Re: A-500 Transmission - NEED ADVICE (begging)

From: Jerry Lee (jerry.429@charter.net)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 22:38:50 EST

Tom: Not familiar with controls on OD trans on Dodge as my Dak has a 5 spd.
>From the past it should have a lockout for the OD on the shifter or close to
it. OD should not be used when under a heavy load. My brother had problems
with the trans on his F250 with a 460 cid and e4od trans. He was told by
Jasper when he bought the new trans from them, not to use OD when under a
heavy load. I.E. pulling a tractor, car, camper, Etc.
Probably applies to DC vehicles also. If you have a burnt smell, it could
have overheated.
Jerry Lee
1998 Dakota Regular Cab Deep Amethyst
3.9L 5 spd. Tonneau Cover (soft)