Re: A-500 Transmission - NEED ADVICE (begging)

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 03:38:28 EST

If it isn't the fluid level it is probably the servo/solenoid on the valve
body. I remeber a friend syaing he had the same problem and thats what it
was. I don't know if it can be replaced or if you have to get a replacement
valve body. Dropping the valve body is easy. However if ou remove the parking
actuator rod in the prcess there is a technique to getting it back in. You'll
need to have the rear wheels off the ground and put the rod i until it stops,
then turn the driveshaft until it clicks all the way back in (this may
require 2 people, it did for me). You can remove the valve body without
pulling the rod by removing the c-clip that holds it to the valve body
(you'll just need a pair of needle nose pliers --without broken tip, i might
add--). I would suggest getting a transgo shift kit while you're at it. It
will inprove tranny function and reliability/longevity, plus it comes with a
video that walks you through the whole thing.

John S