RE: Re: Brakes question

From: Art DiRamio (ADiRamio@opensolutions.com)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 07:45:22 EST

You're correct, it is that switch. I'm not concerned about the minute noise
when the pedal is returned (re-engages pedal after braking). I am more
concerned about the click when I press the brake pedal and the switch
disengages from the pedal arm.
Does anyone with a similar truck have this issue (see sig)? Am I being
overly sensitive? The dealer told me it may be normal, after telling me it
was the shift interlock switch (which I thought the 2001s didn't have - I
can shift without engaging the brake). Does the same switch do double duty?
Brake light and shift interlock? They said they have other similar trucks
which are much noisier.
I could buy the fact that it was normal if it started day 1, but it just
started Saturday (5000mi & 7 months old).
They're going to replace the switch Thursday.

Art DiRamio
'01 Patriot Blue QC Sport+
HD 4X4 4.7L 3.55