Re: Bed Liner...

From: Jon N. Benignus (blkwidow1@primary.net)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 05:27:42 EST

> The other bad thing about color is
> that since they aren't just going to have that fed already into the gun you
> have to pay for additional material that you wouldn't otherwise. It is like
> maybe another $100 as I was originally contemplating my interior to be shot
> green, but stayed with basic black after I heard that.
has anyone heard of the Vortex spray in liner? It is some tough stuff. We
took a sample of the material, which is about 1/4' thick and shot it with a
.22 LR from about 2 ft. The bullet went through, but we had to look real
close to find where.
The stuff is textured, but not like the others-it is somewhat smooth, but
the texture looks like raindrops-when color is added, the "raindrops" are
the color. And, with this stuff, IIRC, the color is added at the gun, so you
don't pay for someone else's material.
Lifetime guarantee-the stuff can be used anywhere-even in dump trucks. The
stuff hoses off clean-no crevices for the dirt to get into.

The best part-with Line-X and others, you have to take the truck to them and
drop it off at their shop. With Vortex, they come to you! They can do your
truck while you are at work, or right in your driveway.

It is designed and backed by Kott Koatings, a company with years in the tub
and tile reglazing-yes, reglazing, not painting industry. They can reglaze
your tub, tile, etc in place using porcelain. They took that idea and used
it on trucks, etc.

They have a website, http://www.kottkoatings.com. there is a link to the
bedlining system, but it is geared towards franchising. There may be other
websites out there that are from dealers.
You can contact the company and they can tell you if there is a dealer in
your area.

Knowing what I do about the parent company, I will do my bed with this stuff
in the future.
BTW-I have no connection to this company whatsoever. Only passing on
information that I feel is helpful.

Jon
STL MO