Re: Rapidfire Spark Plugs

From: mrdancer (mrdancer2@cox.your.underwear.net)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 22:33:17 EST

""Ryan Rodgers"" <rodgers_ryan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:F18aGcuPwjnnh99RhOQ000094f6@hotmail.com...

> For those who don't recognize my name, I've been a memeber since 99, but I
> use digest mode and only post every now and then. I recall in the
grouping
> of messages I've read in the last few days a discussion of plugs for the
> 4.7. I think someone asked about Rapidfires. I found by doing a cross
> reference on the AC Delco site and putting in Autolite 5224, you get
> Rapidfire #5 as the compatible part. You won't get a Rapidfire option if
> you simply search for a 4.7 Dakota. Anyhow, I may try them here at my
next
> plug change. They worked pretty well in the S-10 I had before my Dak. If
> anyone else has used these in a 4.7, let us know your thoughts.
> -Ryan Rodgers
> Garland, TX
> 2000 Patriot Blue 2 tone Dak SLT+, 4.7, Auto, 3.92LSD

I had these in my '92 Dakota 5.2L once. After putting them in, I started
the truck, drove a block and got some loud knocking. Checked under the hood
and one of the plugs had blown apart. Actually, the porcelain part became
detached from the plug, leaving the wire/plug hanging in the engine bay and
a hollow shell of the plug still in the cylinder head (sucking/blowing air
in and out of the little hole). Luckily, it did no damage, and I got the
plug replaced.

Anywayz, I never noticed any benefit to the Rapidfire plugs. The truck
actually ran better when I switched back to the Autolite 3924 plugs.

--
Remove .your.underwear to reply