Gen III 2wd suspension question

From: Mike Styer (m_styer@go.com)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 22:18:18 EST

Does anyone know what the differences are between the GenIII and GenII front suspensions on the two wheel drive trucks?

One of my ongoing thought processes is how to raise my 2wd Daktota 5-7" inches (2-4" taller than a 4x4). The rear supsension is eary enough, but the front is the tricky part. Seems the only way to lift our 2wd front ends is to add longer coils or coil spacers, both ways just adding stress to the front end. Taller spindles would be the best way I can figure, but of course no one makes any for the GenII's. So I am wondering how different GenIII parts are from GenII parts? Could one of the lift kits for a GenII 2wd be adapted "relatively" easily to fit a GenII?

Is a straight axle conversion my only way to get the ground clearance I want and the tough look my girl wants?

Mike S.
93 V6 5-speed 2wd