RE: Just got rear ended LOL

From: Chris Currie (ccurrie@src.net)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 14:44:53 EST

I got rear-ended a couple of weeks ago. 1988 Mercury Cougar. After she hit
me, she was like "Well I saw your brake lights go off..." Well yeah, the
light had just gone green but I still had to wait for the car ahead of me to
go. Same type of thing, she was all in a big hurry and didn't want the cops,
etc. but I was already on the cell to them before she had a chance to try
and talk me out of it. I think she was pretty rammy with the cop too,
because when he was finished all the paperwork, he talked to me first, and
specifically asked if it seemed like she was in a hurry with me. I told him
yeah, and that she just wanted to swap info and get outta there. He's like
"Yeah I got that impression too. She doesn't know this yet, but I'm gonna
charge her with careless." I'm thinking right on! She caused a $1042 bucks
in damage to the rear bumper which got replaced, and since she's been
charged I get my deductible back! Sweet.

Currie