Re: 1391 code, 2 different problems ???

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 16:14:15 EST

The Crankshaft Position Sensor is there, maybe the Camshaft one too.

Can it get dirty? Sure! I found a clump of mud as big around as a nickel
and as thick as 5 of them when I replaced my cap a few months ago. That
damn Steigermud gets everywhere :) If it can get inside the distributor
cap, it can get to the CPS.

"Mike Styer" <m_styer@go.com> wrote in message

> The camshaft position sensor? Someone correct me here, but isnt what the
small guage wire that goes into the distributor under the cap connects to?
Its just a little magnetic sensor right? Id on't see how that could be
dirty...