Re: dml:re:working at a parts store (kinda long-sorry)

From: B1LLYW@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 30 2002 - 19:29:08 EST

In a message dated 3/29/02 11:46:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
taylor9565@msn.com writes:

<< Will-
        Are you telling me someone else on this list works
 for AUTO ZONE??
        If so, you know exactly what we put up with every
 day!!!!!............ >>

To be fair, we shouldn't assume that everyone who works at AutoZone or
another stores is an idiot. As reasonably educated consumers, list members
probably go in figuring they are going to speak to an idiot. Those
preconceptions are never helpful.

On the other hand, AutoZone employees and others should not assume that every
customer is a brain-dead moron who wouldn't know their ass from their
thermostat. Again, that kind of preconception dooms you. Both sides should
try to keep an open mind. This is probably pie in the sky thinking but it
does work some of the time.

I spent 10 years in retail so I have some reasonably educated input on this.

Bill White - www.moparforme.com
2002 Quad Cab 4x4, SLT+, 4.7, 5 speed, 3.92's, Airaid, MBRP Super Single
Exhaust