Re: dml:re:working at a parts store (kinda long-sorry)

From: John (jkp_61@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Mar 30 2002 - 19:34:27 EST

   I have been there too, on both sides of the counter
and I can see and agree with most everyones points,
but everyone keeps mentioning training and a lot of
those people have been trained to what the corporation
wants, some of it you just have to learn by doing it
for a long time. Example of the Autolite Spark plugs,
not everyone catalogs their parts the same way, even
if the mfg gives it a part number, it doesn't mean the
parts store will use it to catalog it into their
system. And most of the young guys don't know how to
use the catalogs, you know it's the computer era! And
you mention a Chevy 380 race engine, well it didn't
start out as a 380, it was a factory c.i. to begin
with, so you could have been more helpful. One thing
they definitely are not is a speed shop or a
performance store, even though sometimes you may find
someone that does know about it. But as you said you
went elsewhere, so it is a moot point. Believe me, I
cringed every time someone recommended AZ, but as I
said before, you can get bad service and bad parts
anywhere!! Also no matter how much you would like to,
you can't choose your customers, bad apples always
turn up. And sometimes you can't always choose where
you work, sometimes you have to take what you can get,
it is still rough out there in most places!! jkp