dml:re:working at a parts store (kinda long-sorry)

From: taylor9565 (taylor9565@msn.com)
Date: Fri Mar 29 2002 - 23:45:17 EST

Will-
       Are you telling me someone else on this list works
for AUTO ZONE??
       If so, you know exactly what we put up with every
day!!!!!............
       We have a word (or two) for the nuts that come in our
store.......WHOO'S (as in dr.zuess), GOPHERS,
OR ANY NAME OF A RODENT species.
       No, seriously , most of a stores problems boils
down to under staffing, inadequate schedules, and a lack
of training of personnel.........
       The key is the ability to teach and train, case in point
tonight I was training a new asst . manager and a part-time sales zoner as
luck would have one of my earlier
part-timers was also scheduled tonight and he was a very
big help, he actually was able to take over training the part-timer leaving
me free to work with the new asst. mgr.
The ability to train someone and then later watch as he is
able to teach makes for a very well run store and also
makes it easier to make sure the customers are in very
good hands when the rush is on....

YEA... it is getting to be circle track time here as well
I know all about the RACE CAR .... mentality that begins every spring
....... tomorrows SATURDAY..... I'd better
get some sleep...........

Ron-
2001 Dakota Sport R/C bright silver met
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/K12X33hlXkiTk