Re: stereo install ???

From: Anthony (reach_anthony@email.com)
Date: Sun Mar 31 2002 - 18:23:35 EST

Here's one site removing the stock stereo out of a 2001 Dakota
http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalDodgeDakota.htm
It's roughly the same as the older style dash.

Steps:
Get in your truck and turn the key so you are able to shift. With the
parking brake on shift down to 1st, all the way for automatic. This makes it
easier to remove trim. Next where the black section meets the dash pry it
out, it just pulls out, clips hold it in. Be firm but not rough because you
could break the clips, have patience it will come out. Next get a 3/8's
socket and loosen the 2 screws. After you remove the dash you can shift back
to park and remove key if you feel uncomfortable.
Make that you get a wire harness for the install it make the job easier and
cleaner. And it won't void your electrical warranty.

Yes sound will still come out of your rear speakers when using the rear RCA
preouts. Now for replacing your stock speakers if you find that they aren't
doing a good job replace them. I'm still running mine, with my system.
Here's a tip that I did, a painted the trim plate that goes around the deck.
It looks wicked when the stereo is installed.
Here's a pic http://www.geocities.com/intense79/stereoafter.jpg

Hope this helps.
Anthony
www.geocities.com/intense79/