Re: Tire Pressures

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 17:25:01 EST

At 01:41 PM 4/1/02 -0800, you wrote:
>Damn Bob, i know you've been hitting the drag strip for a while, at that
>high of a psi in the fronts, you haven't ever had a blow-out???
>The Adam Blaster

Nope. I was concerned as well but my son said that it would be okay.

He acted as the mechanic/crewman back in the 80s for his
boyhood pal who raced in the Honda and GM series (road race
courses, mainly Mosport) and ran pressures on high performance
street tires that high without problems.

Since they used those types of pressures for races of that time length,
it would be safe for short bursts of 14-15 sec. as well.

Bob