Re: lower shock bolt problem

From: Kevin Reimer (kwreimer@msn.com)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 19:48:56 EDT

Sounds to me like the shock is to long for the application, and when you hit
a hard bump the shock bottomed out so bad that the force was moved to the
bolt,which caused it to break. I went to install shocks on my 02 4x4 and the
damn things were to long,heck i could not even get hem on, and truck was
resting at normal. so i gave up and wait for another brand, the ones i tried
were Rancho. If the bolt keeps coming out why not get a bolt that is longer
in length and install a lock washer and nut behind it also.