Re: dead truck

From: r (charger69rt@cox.net)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 02:44:41 EDT

Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 20:20:15 -0500
From: "Jon N. Benignus" <blkwidow1@primary.net>
Subject: Re: DML: dead truck update

> they said that the boot doesn't fill the heat sheild as well as a stock one
> would, which allowed water (from engine shampoo) to easily fill them up, and
> soak there way into the engine.
The only way for the water to enter the cylinders is through the intake,
which would have caused hydraulic lock, or through the spark plugs, which
would have had the same result. To get into the crankcase, it couldn't have
gone through the spark plug holes with the plugs in them. It would go to the
cylinders, and when you cranked the motor it would have locked up, possibly
bending a connecting rod. It had to get in through the oil fill or similar.

Jon
STL MO

Good statement...however my boy, should be named Bart, plowed into water
deep enough to stall the truck out...we had a K&N open 14" from our
charger on the truck at the time. He then started it and was stopped twice by
the cops as he drove it home because it was smoking so badly.

The next morning he told me he might have gotten it wet as it was missing
as he drove home.

I started it and it poured smoke out the tailpipe and oil fill cap..it looked like
a broken piston....as luck would have it...just a head gasket blown out into
the oil gallery on #8 cylinder....

rob from phx
92 dak v8