Questions about tire size

From: Brian Mingle (bsm11@cornell.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 10:26:30 EDT

Hi All,

The other day I posted about the mods that I am doing to my Dak, and Mr.
plow responded by saying 33" tires were tallest tires I would be able to
put on my truck with a 3" body lift. I am not trying to be little him, and
thank him for his response; However, I read an article in Four Wheel
magazine about a woman who did a 3" body lift to her 99 Durango, and put
35X12.50 15's on it. My question is, is there a height difference between a
1998 Dakota Sport 4X4 and a 1999 Durango? Is that why the 35's were able to
fit on her SUV? Or, did they leave out the fact that her turning abilities
changed with those tires.

Thanks again to Mr. Plow for responding. But I would really like to know
the answer before I go out and waste a boatload of $$$ on tires that aren't
going to fit. 33's are nice, but I was hoping for 35's.

Thanks

Brian S. Mingle
1998 Dodge Dakota Sport Club Cab 4X4
5.2 Magnum V8