Autolites and Motor Mounts!

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 18:21:33 EDT

Ok gang, so I'm finally replacing my Autolite 3923's today (the old one's
looked good...just worn out), plus new Borg Warner cap and rotor, and I look
down to see there is a wear mark on my overflow bottle for coolant. Sure
enough, it looks like the motor is cranking to the right, and causing the
alternator pulley to rub on the overflow bottle.

I'm figuring the motor mounts are worn out, and wondering what they cost to
have replaced? I've got 132k on my Dak, so I'm sure it's time to have it
done. Any ball park figures out there? Is this a do-able do-it-yourself
project?

BTW, the truck is running strong now with the new plugs... can't wait to put
the MSD wires in. They don't fit the factory looms, so I bought some Moroso
looms this afternoon).

Later!

Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota CC Sportin' new plugs, rotor, cap, soon to have MSD 8.5's, and
TonyC's IAT adjuster (are ya readin' this, Tony?)