RE: New idea for intake

From: Rick Barnes (barnesrv@attbi.com)
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 10:27:13 EDT

"Y" not? Its worth a tr"y"

sorry, couldn't resist...

Rascal

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net]On Behalf Of Moody, Scott J
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 9:30 AM
To: 'dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net'
Subject: DML: New idea for intake

While I was in Home Depot shopping for parts for my intake, I had an idea. I
looked for a PVC "T" or "Y" that was suitable for a dual-inlet intake. I
didn't see one that I thought would work well so I brainstormed that I could
take 2 90* bends (long radius) and siamese them together. I would band-saw
them, starting at where they would fit to the TB, cutting the opening right
in the middle, the saw line would run perpendicular to the opening. I would
then glue them together. I would run two 3" ducts to two K&N fliters. What
do you guys think?

Ascii art of the "Y":

* *
    * *