Ram QC 2500-V-10 runs down and outruns CORVETTE

From: taylor9565 (taylor9565@msn.com)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 00:08:48 EDT

I get a phone call at work tonight," HEY, can you drop off a set brake pads
on your way home?" I say " YEA
SURE, see ya about 10:00pm" I arrive at later to drop off
the parts at my friend's house, (he's a store manager at our sister store in
WASH, Pa) he's outside hav'in a
cold beer on his back porch, "do you know a guy with a
big RED Ram QC with viper logo on the cowl hood and
R/T-10 decal on the doors VIPER style?" YEA why?
he's one of my customers, buy's MOBIL-1 from me for
his VIPER R/T-10 AND Ram V-10. "That guy has no fear at all, I was going to
work this morning 7 am flying at
a 105 mph, I look in my rearview mirror and all I see is a
RED Ram grille playing peek-a-boo in my rearview at a
105 mph, I 'm in the passing lane and all at once he's on my right pulling
up a long side, I say NOO your not passing my vette in a pick-up so I push
it to 115 figuring the RAMS done at 110, BUT NOOO this guy pushes it
to 125 and pulls away, I'm trying to stay with him we hit
130 and the RAMS STILL pulling hard, the road becomes a 2 lane so I have to
whip in behind him at 130,
we start approaching the area for a speed trap that's always up, I 'M LIKE 3
FEET OFF THE RAM'S
tailgate, I lift because the local police barracks is coming up and it's
shift change time, he just squeezes it harder right past 2 cop cars, I look
to my left while trying to get back to the legal limit, these 2 cops just
looked on in disbelief, never even tried to chase us down " we've been
playing this game every morning (except for the cops being there) we were
running late,what the HELL is in that
Ram I can't out run him?!" I said " you wanna go fast go buy a RAM or a
DAK"

anyone know what the top speed for a '01 2500 V-10 is
set for? I just wonder if this V-10 has been modified!

Ron-
2001 Dakota Sport R/C bright silver met
taylor9565@msn.com
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/K12X33hlXkiTk