Re: O/D on or off?

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 15:14:15 EDT

I normally leave it on.

I turn it off when:
    I'm in the city but getting to the 35-40 range before having to slow
down
    When I hit traffic on my commute home (lots of speed up/down)
    When I'm getting on the highway leaving downtown in rush hour so that I
have that extra "punch" due to staying in the power band. Some of those
merges and lane changes can get hairy
    In hilly territory. This is to prevent it from having to shift too
much, which will cause the tranny to build up more heat.

Turning off O/D will also unlock the TQ converter.

As was mentioned elsewhere, don't use OD while towing, but since it's an
R/T, I doubt you bought it to haul stuff around (other than hauling ass).
However, my father did use O/D on his Durango while hauling his 28' travel
trailer a couple weeks ago without incident, but only while on the
flatlands.