Re: Rear Axle Fluid Change

From: B1LLYW@aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 08:56:07 EDT

In a message dated 4/30/2002 8:47:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
rodgers_ryan@hotmail.com writes:

<<I'm due to change the fluid on my 3.92 LSD, but I have one question. I
understand the how to, but in the Manual I see nothing about quantities.
How much synthetic 75W90 and Friction additive will I need to buy? I don't
want to get started and not have bought enough.
Thanks all>>

I use Red Line 75w90 gear oil, the sku is 57904. It has the friction
modifier built into it so you don't have to add any sort of additive. And
it's a quality product. You need to buy 3 quarts. The 8.25 takes a
little more than 4 quarts and the 9.25 takes about 4.5 quarts. I don't know
which differential you have. If it's 4wd, you'll need to buy some for the
front differential also - I'm afraid I don't know the capacity on that.

Bill White - http://www.moparforme.com
'02 QC 4x4, SLT+, 4.7, 5 spd, 3.92's w/LSD, Airaid, MBRP Super Single
Exhaust, Hurst T-Handle, BFG A/T's, IAS Shocks, 180 t-stat