Re: RE: Re: RE: X-Stream top...worth it or not?

From: B1LLYW@aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 14:49:38 EDT

In a message dated 4/30/2002 2:47:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ded74@yahoo.com writes:

<<<So you have the 14x3 open element? And it's flush? So you're using the
solid chrome top? I don't think there's been any engine compartment changes
in the R/Ts, anyone know of any? If that's the case then I'll just go with
the $12 Summit setup and get the K&N for it. How much of a difference did
you notice with the open element setup? Thanks.>>>

The K&N extreme lid is not flush. It peaks so that it is effectively 1"
taller at the center than at the edges. The 14x3 from intenseperformance.com
is flush all the way across so you have 1" more clearance above it then you
do with a comparable setup from K&N. This was a concern of mine and that was
the answer I got from John at intenseperformance.com

Bill White - http://www.moparforme.com
'02 QC 4x4, SLT+, 4.7, 5 spd, 3.92's w/LSD, Airaid, MBRP Super Single
Exhaust, Hurst T-Handle, BFG A/T's, IAS Shocks, 180 t-stat