Re: fuel filter & 45rfe tranny filter???

From: Al & Jeanna Figols (ALJF@mhonline.net)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 15:28:32 EDT

Fly off the handle???

As far as I know, all in tank fuel pumps in all vehicles have the sock
filter that is designed to last the life of the pump and even with that
filter there is still a replacable in-line filter which can become
clogged with debris that passes through the sock. You seem to have
missed my point Andy which was to find out if anyone had trouble down
the line due to this system.

I do agree with your salesman comment though, thats why before I bought
my truck I talked with a service tech from a different dealership to
find out about common troubles witht he 4.7L. I sold the truck to
myself. The saleman didn't even know it had overhead cams.
Al