Re: Front End Clunk

From: branning sung (brannings@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed May 08 2002 - 21:31:45 EDT

I had the same problem with mine 99 dakota started at 34k and just got done
fixing it last week. Started with the lower ball joints, that took care of
some of the noise, then went to the upper ball joints that took care of most
of it but still had some popping when turning the wheel so did the inner and
outer tie rods. Went with moog all the way around. Very happy so far,
alignment is very good and turning and suspension is a lot tighter than it
was stock even with the 5.5 lift and 32's. Oh and no noises from the front
end now. It was expensive though

lower ball joints 150
upper ball joints 180
inner tie rods 118