Front End Clunk

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Wed May 08 2002 - 21:15:21 EDT

Ok, DML.
What is it? On the ride home from work (with the radio off for a change &
the windows open) I noticed a clunking coming from the drivers side front
wheel/shock/steering(?), especially when hitting an irregularity
(bump/expansion joint) in the road surface. I can feel it in the steering
wheel, too. At first I thought that the retaining bolt on the driver's side
ProComp had backed out from its Loctited position, but that doesn't seem to
be the case. The lug nuts are all tight & there's no play (that I can find)
in grabbing the wheel/tire & trying to rock things. Should I lift it & crawl
under to see what's there? Are the 32's messing something up? Balljoint shot
(48 k mi.)? Tie rod end? Ideas?
Hayelp!

Bob Smith (Daksy2K on AIM)
2K DAKSY CC Sport +
3.9l; V6: 4X4
(1 of 980 2K DAKSYs mfrd)
For the mods,details, etc., visit us at:

http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/

(ps, we're still working on it...
Susan on the page; me on the DAKSY! )