trans cooler install, towing a pop-up

From: Jef & Laura Denning (jldenning@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri May 10 2002 - 08:41:10 EDT

Hello all,

I haven't had the pleasure of the list's collective wisdom in some =
months. .. (and apparently am having problems posting, so sorry if this =
is a duplicate).

We've a 99 4x4 (part-time), atx, 5.2 L. 3.55:1 gears. HD springs, etc. =
and a beefy hitch (but a wimpy-ass open differential). I've added all =
the skid plates and tow hooks.

In a few weeks we're gonna head off cross country pulling a small pop-up =
trailer. The trailer will weigh 2000-2200 lbs, and has a box dimension =
of 7.5' (w) x 12' (l, sans tongue) by ~5' (h, closed). I'm gonna add a =
trans cooler, probably the Perma-Cool/Summit Racing 18K-20K GVW version. =
 Does any have any helpful comments on doing this upgrade to our trucks? =
 In particular, where's the best place to tap into the existing fluid =
lines, and has anyone used threaded fittings rather than the =
sorta-standard clamp fittings?

Also, has anyone pulled a pop-up behind their Dak long distances? =20

Thanks

Jef