Re: RE: Re: Hood Scoop Blues

From: Dave (ded74@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 22:09:27 EDT

No black on my truck...well, except for the mirrors and handles, but those
won't stay black for long :) I'm even debating the chrome R/T badges I was
thinking about, love a clean looking truck, we'll see. But you're right,
the lines are pure beauty, I find myself looking back at my truck every time
I walk away from her :)

--
Dave
Bensalem, PA

""Gabriel A. Couriel"" <BigGabe@FIUFIJI.com> wrote in message news:MPEOJOCMGKFIMBCMILJMMEGDCAAA.BigGabe@FIUFIJI.com... > > hey there... this is actually, the first DML message i read. about the hood > scoop, i hate to burst your bubble, but i'm not keen on it. i agree with > Magnum S/T in saying that the original lines of the truck are the optimal > lines. i think the truck looks good from the front, but (in my opinion) the > sides of the truck look bad. i think it has to do with the black accents of > the fender flares. > > just my 2 cents. > > Gabe > http://frontpage.tripod.com/fijigabe0 > > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net > [mailto:owner-dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net]On Behalf Of MAGNUM S/T > Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 7:36 PM > To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net > Subject: DML: Re: Hood Scoop Blues > > > > All I can say is "LESS IS MORE". A cowl hood definitely looks sweet, but > IMHO...for what its worth...that scoop simply doesn't match well with the > rest of the truck. > > Tha Dak has a nice aero/ergodynamic theme (one of the reasons I bought > mine)....and that scoop simply does not fit that theme...of course that's > just my 0.2...but ya asked :) > > As far as whether its WRONG to have it...HELL NO! It's your truck and you > can do anything ya want to personalize it...but if mom is willing to drop > the dough for some other mods in its place....hmmm :) Might be worth thinkin > about....you'll get more mods and your mom's approval at the same time...now > how often can that happen. > ""Gary Hedlin"" <ghedlin@theramp.net> wrote in message > news:abqcck$c6v$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > > > > I made an appointment with my body shop today to get the dak ready for the > > dakota nationals show in st. louis today. Not even 10 minutes after I > make > > the appointment, Frank (the guy who owns the shop) gets a call from my > > mother, about her car. Frank mentioned I was there, making an > appointment. > > A few minutes later, he hangs up the phone, and tells me that she would > pay > > for the entire bill IF he took off the hood scoop. At this point i'm > going > > balistic, but i quickly calm down after one of Frank's ignorant "cars and > > women" comments. > > > > I put a lot of pictures of the truck up on my web site at > www.garyhedln.com > > and I guess I would like some opinions from you guys about this moral > delema > > i'm having. Should I leave it, or take it off? > > > > Thanks, > > > > Gary Hedlin > > http://garyhedlin.com > > ragingquad@yahoo.com > > > > > > > > > >