Re: Traction Questions

From: jkp (jkp61@horizonview.net)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 11:56:25 EDT

   I experienced a lot of wet traction problems with my '96. I had
B.F.Goodrich Long Trail T/A's with about 1/3 tread, and it would spin so bad
(and quiet) when it was wet that I thought my clutch was going out!!
Everyone I talked to around here said that was BFG's worst design. I just
purchased some Stampede A/T (mfg by Goodyear) and the problem has almost
disappeared. It is nice to pull out on a wet road and the truck actually
move, it will still spin a little, but only when I get on her now. So I
think some of it is the tires, the rest is just the torque that the truck
produces. You know-MOPOWER!!!
Take Care & Keep On Truckin'~~~~~John
    <<'96 Dakota Sport 4x4, 3.9L 5spd>>