Re: Re: Traction Questions

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@cox.net)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 18:29:11 EDT

> > My first question is about my tires, I get the feeling that pretty much
> > everyone hates the RSAs that come stock, my question is wet traction. I
> > have none, if I touch the throttle with anything more than a feather
> > touch, I lose traction. Is that the tires or the truck?

Part is the torque of the R/T and the other part is the crappy Badyear
tires. New tires will definitely help out, but won't eliminate all your
troubles.

> > Seems a lot of folks like the Nittos, how is the wet traction on those?

I have the Nitto 404 Extreme Force SUV (or something like that) in 255/55/18
and I'm happy with the wet traction. I've only tested it around town, but
they definitely grip a lot better than the stock tires. I've yet to test
them on the highway during a downpour, but they have to better than
hydroplaning on the Goodyear's.

--
Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport