Yes, another NUG...

From: crm (tb.crm@verizon.net)
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 22:16:24 EDT

Hey guys,

Since Canuker came clean, I figured I should too. I am another one of
the DML NUG's (new, useless guys). Happy to be here. From reading over
the past day or so, ya'll seem very knowledgeable and I'm sure I'll pick
up a lot of useful info.

I just recently (last Friday) purchased a gently used 2001 Quad Cab SLT,
4.7l automatic. So far, I have been more than pleased with it. Like
Canuker, I don't have a lot to spend (yet :-) but would like to get some
mods on the new baby. So far, I am thinking a 180 deg Shaw t-stat,
Flowmaster muffler, Autolite plugs, and some sort of cold air intake. I
wont be towing anything anytime soon but would like to have any extra
power I can get, keeping in mind cost and not having to do any major
engine work (wouldn't be able to do it myself, yet).

Can anyone recommend a good link for a DIY cold air intake? Since K&N
hasn't released theirs for the 4.7, I figure I can fashion up something,
but would like some pointers and an idea of what I'll need to buy. Or
alternately, is there another manuf out there that has made something
decent for that engine?

One last question and then I'll shut up and listen - recommendations on
a spray-in bedliner. Rhino dealer locally (Dallas area) quoted me $370
for full bed and over the rails. Truck is not going to be seeing any
heavy duty use, but I'd like to put something back there (not a drop in)
to protect it.

Well, I'll end this here...Good to "meet" everyone!!

-Adam