Re: Re: Oil lamp is always on

From: jkp (jkp61@horizonview.net)
Date: Fri May 24 2002 - 11:27:47 EDT

  As far as I knew that was the only one. It would have to be mounted in an
oil gallery. Some vehicles mount them down by the oil filter. Are you sure
that it is not getting the reading from there also? The new electronic
sensors are capable of sending a signal to more than one place now,
especially if it has more than 1 wire. Or maybe it is getting a bad signal
from the computer, I don't know, but someone else here should, if you could
just get them to post a reply. Also if you picked up a sensor from a parts
place, but can't find it on the truck, it may not be there. They do make
mistakes also.
Take Care & Keep On Truckin'~~~~~John
    <<'96 Dakota Sport 4x4, 3.9L 5spd>>