RE: RE: bedliner question- Colored?

From: Carter, Brian (brian.carter@texian.org)
Date: Sat May 25 2002 - 13:58:19 EDT

No, but I have seen that for boats and stuff. Given it (at least my
LineX) is a different texture, even if you could match the color it
still wouldn't look the same as the body color.

My 2K QC is also driftwood with the liner going over the rails. It looks
sharp because they did an excellent job. I still get as many people
asking me about the liner as I do about the truck (after 2 1/2 years!).
Just two weeks ago, I was crossing into Laredo from Mexico. The truck
was filthy, but when I was tagged for further inspection, the customs
agent spent more time asking me about the bedliner than on the legal
questions.

They took off all the hardware on the gate, the tie-downs, and masked it
carefully. Then they prep it by sanding the bed and washing it with
solvent. After they spray it, they put all the hardware back on,
including the tie-downs. The liner material is very heavy and acts like
super glue. At the place I went here in San Antonio they had a milk
crate they had sprayed - it weighed about 3 times its normal rate! As I
recall, they charged me $250 flat because the bed is so small on the QC.
When I did my Dad's Ford 150, a place in Houston charged me $350.

Be careful, there are other spray-in systems (do it yourself spray-ins),
and I have seen them peeling. Line-X or Rhino are good. Look at some of
their week old finished product. Mine turned out a matte black, and my
Dad's came out more like a semi-gloss, both were Line-X, but from
different shops. I like mine a lot better :-D

-Brian T. Carter