Re: 9.25" Trac-Lok rear differential

From: B1LLYW@aol.com
Date: Tue May 28 2002 - 21:34:46 EDT

In a message dated 5/28/02 9:25:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
brian.carter@texian.org writes:

<< I have the 9.25" Trac-Lok (3.55) rear diff on my '00 QC and it is time
 to replace the gear oil. The first time, I had it done by the dealer,
 this time I want to do it myself.

 The FSM says that I need to add 5 oz. of Trac-Lok lubricant (friction
 modifier) to the diff. Do I have to get that from Dodge, or what is the
 equivalent? >>

I strongly recommend using Red Line 75w-90. I've had great results with it
in terms of durability and power gain. And best of all, it has the friction
modifier built in so you don't need to add anything. Just fill up the diff
and go. BTW, I use grey RTV on diff covers myself.

Bill White - http://www.moparforme.com

2002 QC 4x4, SLT+, 4.7, 5 spd, 3.92'sw/LSD, Airaid, MBRP Super Single,
Exhaust, Hurst T-Handle, BFG A/T's, IAS Shocks, 180 T-Stat, Jet Chip - Stage
II