9.25" Trac-Lok rear differential

From: Carter, Brian (brian.carter@texian.org)
Date: Tue May 28 2002 - 21:28:23 EDT

I have the 9.25" Trac-Lok (3.55) rear diff on my '00 QC and it is time
to replace the gear oil. The first time, I had it done by the dealer,
this time I want to do it myself.

The FSM says that I need to add 5 oz. of Trac-Lok lubricant (friction
modifier) to the diff. Do I have to get that from Dodge, or what is the
equivalent?

Just to confirm I understand what is written in the FSM, I add the
friction modifier first, then the spec compliant gear oil (I will use
Amsoil 75w-90), right?

Finally, the FSM doesn't specify how to remove the plug, is there a
trick on getting the fill plug out, or do I just lift it from the edges
and pull? .

Thanks,
Brian T. Carter

BTW: THANK YOU Dodge for putting labels with part names in intelligible
English on major components like axles!!!