Re: Front brakes question

From: Jerry Lee (jerry.429@charter.net)
Date: Sat Jun 01 2002 - 10:02:41 EDT

Mark, you may have to tap it with a hammer. They can stick. Mine did. It
took several "heavy" taps with a hammer to loosen them. I did replace both
rotors when I did the brake job. The mechanic that was helping me said
normally it doesn't take much to loosen them, but..
Mine did.

Jerry Lee
1998 Dakota Regular Cab Deep Amethyst
3.9L 5 spd. Tonneau Cover (soft)
Lund Backdraft Rear Spoiler

> I'm trying to get the front rotors off my 2000 CC 4X4, so I can get them
cut
> (or replaced, depending on how bad they're warped), but I'm not having
much
> luck at the moment...
>
> The guy down at my parts shop says they're the slip on type (this is a
REAL