RE: Tire Question

From: Neil W. Bellenger (neil624b@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jun 03 2002 - 09:33:19 EDT

Scott,

My experience has been the same; the Goodyears will slide pretty easily on
wet surfaces. I'll stick my neck way out and speculate that the rubber
compound is harder than most in order to decrease rolling resistance,
improve fuel economy, and help the tires last longer.
This thread may turn up a lot of different preferences. The BFG All-Terrain
A/T (KO) has a pretty loyal following with the 4-wheelers. I have switched
to them and run the Mud-Terrains in the winter. I'm convinced that investing
in the AR-767 wheels and 32 inch Mud-Terrains for winter use helped keep the
Rochester area relatively snow free last year. (;-D)

Neil