Re: Re[2]: New: Flowmaster, Attn: "DAVE" Was:Re: Re: Traded

From: Paul Macey (pmacey@ans.net)
Date: Tue Jun 04 2002 - 08:33:25 EDT

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Dave wrote:

> Definitely the angle cut, I've always liked those better. What kind of tips
> are you using? I was looking at Carriage Works, I think it's a 8" long tip,
> 4" diameter, rolled edge, like $40 each I think.

I originally had 3 inch rolled edge angle cut tips about 12 inches long
for $20 each.

I swapped them for non-rolled 4 inch angle cut and I believe
they are 16 inches long, for $23 each. Both the 3 and 4 inch tips are stainless
not chromed. Not sure of the brand, but a local muffle shop ordered them
for me.

On the 3 inch tips, they were installed when my Flowmaster SUV 50 Series
Dual 2 1/2 inch catback was done by Meineke...who kept the tail pipes to
long, inserting them into the tips, about 1 inch short of the end of those
tips.

The shop that ordered the 4 inch tips did that install, they cut off the
excess tailpipes and welded the tips onto the end of the pipes with none
of the pipes actually being inside the tips...looks and sounds much
better.