Dakota project

From: crm (tb.crm@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Jun 04 2002 - 13:16:22 EDT

Hey guys,

I have come up with a goal for my Dakota and would like some help/input. The
goal is to get the RWHP to a certain (arbitrary) level without needing to
send my truck to a shop. I have enough know-how to know that certain things
like cams, heads and the like are above my skill level and I really dont
want to cause any unnecessary problems. So with that in mind, anything I do
needs to be fairly simple to install. I dont mind getting my hands dirty and
spending the time, I just know my limitations :)

So, just to start out, let me set up a goal for RWHP - how about 240? Can
this be acheived by the following:

3" Z-tube w/ 7" Big Mouth
Exhaust (already have flowmaster 50, 2 1/4" dual outlet)
Carsound Cat
Fastman TB
Custom PCM by Mike Leach
IAT Adjuster

and of course the little stuff like 180 t-stat, new autolites, rubber flap
removal, tps sensor adjust...

Is this an unreasonable goal? If so, what could I expect from those mods?
Anyone else here done the above mods and have any dyno results? BTW, I have
a 2001 QC 4.7 auto.

thanks guys,

-adam