Re: supercharging and compression question

From: B1LLYW@aol.com
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 06:18:37 EDT

In a message dated 6/4/02 9:55:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Pukeloser@aol.com
writes:

<< The stroker kit I'm putting in uses diamond forged
 pistons with a 9.4:1 compression ratio, will I need to do anything to
 compensate for the "higher than stock (which was 9:1)" in order to drop a SC
 on later? Also, i was going to order the I-beam rods (because they are
 lighter) but was wondering if I'd be better off getting the stronger (but
 heavier) H-beam rods if I'll be SC'ing it later? or will the I-beam rods
work
 just fine? >>

Don't use that kit. I wouldn't go higher than 8:1 on a blower motor and get
the h-beam rods. I ran 8:1 with my 408 and Vortech blower and still got
wicked detonation at anything over 5 psi.

Bill White - http://www.moparforme.com

2002 QC 4x4, SLT+, 4.7, 5 spd, 3.92'sw/LSD, Airaid, MBRP Super Single,
Exhaust, Hurst T-Handle, BFG A/T's, IAS Shocks, 180 T-Stat, Jet Chip - Stage
II