RE: supercharging and compression question

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 09:13:43 EDT

Bill,

8:1 and detonation at 5psi....there was something else wrong with it.
(How much retard..if any...were you running?)

8.5-9.2:1 is fine for use with up to 10# boost. Just make sure you are
running forged pistons (dish tops help lower the compression), clean up
the bowls to help prevent detonation, and a properly matched cam to the
combination you want (heads/porting work/valve size/intake
manifold/overall powerband you want). H-Beams are definitely
stronger...but I-Beams will hold up as well.

- Bernd